The rumor has been going around for a while, but finally Lionsgate has officially announced that Jena Malone will play Johanna Mason in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
Just in case you need a refresher, Johanna Mason is the female victor from District 7 who come back to take part in the Quarter Quell, the 75th anniversary of The Hunger Games. Johanna is described as being in her 20s, and is one of the most complex characters in Catching Fire.
Jean joins the other new cast members recently announced. Amanda Plummer is to play Wiress and Philip Seymour Hoffman is the head Gamemaker, Plutarch Heavensbee.
“Snow White and the Huntsman” actor Sam Claflin is rumored to be the frontrunner to play another tribute, Finnick Odair, and “Monk’s” Tony Shalhoub is rumored to be in the running to play Beetee.
Let us know what you think about Jena Malone as Johana Mason.
- Jena Malone | Catching Fire Offer
- Catching Fire Casting Rumor: Zoe Aggeliki in Lead for Johanna
- The latest Catching Fire Casting Rumor: Johanna Mason
- Glee actress Naya Rivera would love to play Johanna in Catching Fire
- VIDEO: Emma Stone on Johanna in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire